19 April – 21 April
BAZA 500 Raid is an incursion into a perfect territory for off roading, a region called Comarca de Baza, in which we will explore more than 500 km of tracks using 2 orientation systems: GPS and ROADBOOK.
We will explore a territory of great contrasts that combines in the same environment two lush natural parks, the main desert in Europe and the largest volume of dammed water in the south of the peninsula, where in a short period of time we will go from the Mediterranean forest to the steppe.
BAZA 500 Raid will be structured in 3 stages that start and end in the Bivouac:
- The prologue stage is 25 km long. This small section will help you to get used to the navigation APP we will use.
- Stage 1 has a 20 km liaison and a total length of approximately 300 km in ROADBOOK and GPS category and 360 km in ROADBOOK PRO category.
- Stage 2 has an approximate length of 200 km for the 3 categories.
The tracks of other riders have many different sections that are exclusive to each category, and therefore, you should not trust the tracks of other motorcycles. Stop, reflect and deduce what is happening and what the error is, it is the best way to learn to navigate. If you follow the tracks and they don’t belong to your category, you will have a hard time finding the path again.
In the GPS category you will have warnings for TRIPLE DANGERS (maximum on the scale from 1 to 3), speed limitation zones (DZ – FZ) and the ECLIPSE waypoints (which you will have to search for and validate).
Everything will be explained in a tutorial with text, images and video, with real demonstrations on the track.
Every night, after dinner, and prior to the routes on Saturday and Sunday, briefings will be given (in Spanish and English), in which all the details of each route will be explained in detail and all questions will be answered.
– ROADBOOK: You will use FIM spec roadbooks that will include all the elements of a FIM RALLY. You will have to validate waypoints, respect zones with speed limits, masked waypoints, etc. You are going to live a unique experience as an amateur, without racing against the clock, but having fun like never before on your motorcycle.
– ROADBOOK PRO: You will have an additional TRACK BONUS with some technical navigation complications.
– GPS: We are going to put a lot of emphasis on providing basic information about the route in terms of technical difficulties or obstacles, and to do this you will have to consult the waypoints in advance at each start of the route. To do this, we will provide a printed chart to help you with identification. Likewise, each track will have certain areas with clouds of waypoints (numbered series), in which you will have to use your orientation skills to find each point that connects you back to the track.
In addition, you will be able to validate waypoints, which will have an activation radius and a validation radius depending on the difficulty of the point (through acoustic warnings), therefore you must locate masked waypoints using your intuition and navigation skills. You will also have acoustic warnings from the TRIPLE DANGER waypoints, to improve your safety on the track, and from speed control zones in inhabited areas.
NO SATELLITE SYSTEM type Stella or similar WILL BE NECESSARY, and you can choose, as always, paper or digital format.
WE WILL PREPARE A SMALL TUTORIAL EXPLAINING WITH TEXT AND VIDEO HOW THE APP WORKS.